Need Idea's for a GreenScreen Room.

It looks great! Congrats, and you didn't even have to paint your wall! Interested to hear your findings once you go full-motion, full-resolution...

Jim

jmac5000 said:
It looks great! Congrats, and you didn't even have to paint your wall! Interested to hear your findings once you go full-motion, full-resolution...

Jim

Thanks jmac

I still want to paint my wall in the garage and try and finding a matching fabric for the floor.

And if anyone is interested, I found Walmart to be a gold mine for do it yourselfers. I found black light flourenct lights for 8 bucks on sale. You can replace the bulbs out for white ones for like 2 bucks each.

I probably only need four of these to get the right lighting. I 'll document it as soon as I clean out the garage. But this screen I build only goes down to my knees. I want a full body shot.

Last edited:
I just got back from Jo-Anne Fabrics here in St. Petersburg and purchased a 6ft x 12ft roll of fabric that's the closest thing I could find to chroma green for only $19 and change.

I'm going to shoot some test footage and post the results here if anyone wants to see it.

Here's the promised screenshot of the el-cheapo greenscreen tests.

It looks promising, but I haven't rendered any video yet... I will when I can get home)

[I know the lighting sucks, but I woke up late and threw this together in a few minutes]

SCREENSHOT HERE

So far, so good!!

If I can get this to work properly, I have an idea for a film that I can probably do in ALL greenscreen. :D

Last edited:
I don't know how common the furniture store IKEA is in the USA, but they have a very cheap green fabric called "DITTE" which is widley used by indies in Germany for greenscreen work.

A bit more professional and definately more costly is the greenscreen we are using for our work. You can see some pictures in this thread:
JENSEITS greenscreen shooting

You can download a short clip here (PAL DV) to test the quality.

The tripods and other gear are from Manfrotto (BOGEN in the US).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back