>> Cumulative Murders: Need Help

I need some help.

What are some films where the protag (good or bad) finds themselves committing one intentional murder that "forces" them for whatever reasons into subsequent murders, none of which were intentional after the first?

"I had to kill the fifth guy investigating the fourth guy who discovered I killed the second guy after I 'practiced' on the first guy. The third one was a complete accident, I swear!"

Thank you.

The Bourne Sepremecy.

As Jason Bourne's memory was coming back, he went to a girl to apologize for killing both of her parents because the other parent was not supposed to be there. He was only commissioned to kill one.

Revenge Of The Ninja when Sho's American "friend" Ninja killes Sho's mother for seeing him stealing from Sho and is after Sho's son for witnessing the murder of his grandmother.

Last edited:
Excellent, Mike!
Thank you.

I don't think I've seen A SIMPLE PLAN in quite a spell.
Think that'd be another decent "things spiralling out of control" film?

VBT - Thank you, Josh! ;)

Last edited:
Loved A Simple Plan! Definitely all about spiraling out of control. I'd also mention Very Bad Things.

Yessir! They were!
I found BLOOD SIMPLE at the library and will be viewing that probably tomorrow night.
Oh, and I found RED, too!

I'll be hunting down the other's ASAP!

Just watched SWEENEY TODD the other morning. Good stuff there.
- start with an incidental while eyeing the prize.
- have the prize in your hands, but interrupted.
- with great frustration, move onto other incidentals while waiting on the prize again.
- get the henchman.
- get the lost love.
- get the prize, finally!
- notice accidental killing of lost love.
- kill the accomplice for deception.
- allow self to be killed.

Gold! Gold! Gold!
Just the kinda homework I need for a little debauchery I have brewing. :devil:

I'm thinking of a nearly no-tech sci-fi drama (NEVER LET ME GO, PRIMER) were the tech is pretty non-existant and hardly the hallmark of the story.

These cheap @ss stories seem to be in vogue these days.
The audience doesn't seem to require the razmataz anywhere near as much as they like the "idea" of some sci-fi element (and to be cynical, probably just the label).

In my cursory research into PG & PG-13 Comedies I noticed the largest variable was simply production costs.
Consider that any given premise has an almost fixed possible market. There's only going to be so much interest in a boy and his robot or accountants with scurvy.
If production costs were scaled in then profitability has a greater chance of occurring.

Adventure movies are cost prohibitive, but an action thriller just might do the trick.
Especially a sci-fi action thriller.

Last edited:
Back