YouTube Channel Content

When making a YouTube channel, what is the best way to direct the content? Should it be dedicated to one specific thing or more than one? For instance, if I want to cover gaming and movies, should I do both on one channel or have two separate channels?

Consider it like a pyramid. The top of the pyramid is the channel. The blocks directly under are themes. The blocks under those can be related ideas to the blocks above, and so on, but everything filters up to the top (subscribes and likes), you just have to make sure that every block of the pyramid makes sense and relates, and if it is too off-topic, then indeed, you need a new channel.

But this guy is using the cutscenes in a video game as a movie. A lot of YouTubers do that. But I'm talking about reviewing the latest box office movies along with gaming the most recent first-person shooters. Is that a good mix?

The answer is it depends on your audience.

Younger kids are into gaming, so you'd have to talk about movies they are into. Get it?

I don't think you can review Hollywood classics from the 1950s and interest gamers. You COULD but that would be better served independently.

However there is definitely a marriage possible between the right movies and games.

Back