• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A short-video about mobile addiction and loneliness filmed on Singapore's subway

Hey guys,
Here in Singapore - just like in the States - people stare at their phones 24/7. I took a few clips of people staring at their phones on the local subway and dubbed them with a few words about loneliness I wrote.

I was wondering if any of you could give me some feedback (of any sort). From the poor shooting technique I used, to whether you thought the topic was too shallow or worth being discussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpLLFtDv6W0

Last edited:
you should start with an establishing shot outside of the subway.

also it's better to brush before you eat the burger, not after.
The risk of brushing immediately after meals is that you'll end up scrubbing away acid-softened layers of your enamel with your toothbrush, which is never good.

if you want to remove particles after eating you should floss.

you should start with an establishing shot outside of the subway.

also it's better to brush before you eat the burger, not after.
The risk of brushing immediately after meals is that you'll end up scrubbing away acid-softened layers of your enamel with your toothbrush, which is never good.

if you want to remove particles after eating you should floss.

I freaking love that man haha. I seriously really like the esoteric language and obscurity of it. I'm gonna get an outside shot of the subway to start the video, which matches the end.

Any thoughts on the music I chose?

it reminds me of the sort of music that accompanies a documentary. So i think it fits in this situation.

Nice shots. Looks a bit crazy, but the subway always made people look gray. Now they seem a bit busy at the same time.

Hi olmaster. What I mean is you've managed to capture something that looks unreal, even if nothing about it is staged.. So good job.

Hi olmaster. What I mean is you've managed to capture something that looks unreal, even if nothing about it is staged.. So good job.

Thank you so much man, that means a lot to me. I'd like to continue working on this type of format (video+voiceover) capturing extremes that seamlessly mix with our daily lives.

Do you think that shooting these clips with a crappy camera like mine adds to the video (making it feel more amateur) or should I try to improve the quality of the video? Also, I'd love to see some stuff you've made if you ever wanted my 2 cents on something.

Isn't it like this with cameras? Your choice of camera has to do with what you want your audience to focus on. Camera or story?

Some camera nerds mainly want to show off an amazing camera quality. They need the best camera available on the market. For everybody else, what camera is used is not important. The camera's function is to not draw any attention to itself.

Isn't it like this with cameras? Your choice of camera has to do with what you want your audience to focus on. Camera or story?

Some camera nerds mainly want to show off an amazing camera quality. They need the best camera available on the market. For everybody else, what camera is used is not important. The camera's function is to not draw any attention to itself.

I guess I'll stick with my cheap ass camera then :lol:

Back