Negative Documentary about my university

I have many gripes about the university I attend, and wanted to express my frustration via a documentary that would bash the school, using revealing facts, and student interviews, and comparisons to comparable schools. if i am clever enough to manage it, i would love to interview staff and ask questions (if they answer honestly) that would show the corruption of the school.

what legal issues to i need to consider? what should I be afraid of?

plus before anyone mentions i should transfer out... trust me i am waiting for an acceptance for next semester. unfortunately i took 2.5 years to figure this out.

thanks so much!

Probably a state owned University. Right? They are fair game and open to criticism. Just make sure you don't present something that is patently false. It's OK to make an ARGUMENT about something that may very well be completely false. Just make sure you don't present it as FACT. Look at any Michael Moore movie. It's free speech.

Devils Advocate time:

Since you are making a Documentary, be open to adjusting your outlook according to the facts - don't just pick and choose what conveniently fits your agenda.

Your experience with the university may be negative (and there is, I am certain, factual information that will support that), but if you interview 100 students and 75 of them have had the complete opposite experience you need to be prepared to adjust your hypothesis.

Otherwise you're not making a documentary, in my opinion.

Back