DP/Sound/Editing

Right, as posted elsewhere...

We're looking to get backing for a 30-minute independent pilot show. At the moment the Website's a bit bare and new promotional materials are being worked out, for a targeted investor pitch.

Need a DP, Sound and Editing, most obviously, crew-wise. The commitment is just verbal as things stand; if the backing is secured, people would be paid. Maybe not vast sums, but certainly something. The shoot would last a week in London; out of area crewers would get free digs and travel expenses covered for the duration. (AGAIN: if/when backing is obtained.)

Script available for viewing on request.

As I just recently -- ah -- lost a DP, we should be clear on some stuff. The project DOESN'T have 'arty' aspirations; we DON'T want to make short, no-budget movies; we DO want to make a broadcast standard 30-minute film; we DO want to produce a commercial entertainment. It's good to have people that are behind those goals, I think.

Thanks for reading! PM for email contact.

Right, as posted elsewhere...

We're looking to get backing for a 30-minute independent pilot show. At the moment the Website's a bit bare and new promotional materials are being worked out, for a targeted investor pitch.

Need a DP, Sound and Editing, most obviously, crew-wise. The commitment is just verbal as things stand; if the backing is secured, people would be paid. Maybe not vast sums, but certainly something. The shoot would last a week in London; out of area crewers would get free digs and travel expenses covered for the duration. (AGAIN: if/when backing is obtained.)

Script available for viewing on request.

As I just recently -- ah -- lost a DP, we should be clear on some stuff. The project DOESN'T have 'arty' aspirations; we DON'T want to make short, no-budget movies; we DO want to make a broadcast standard 30-minute film; we DO want to produce a commercial entertainment. It's good to have people that are behind those goals, I think.

Thanks for reading! PM for email contact.

where in london? what would this add to my cv/showreel?

A flat & corner shop in SW, a central park/street, plus a well-known city club for half a day (I would name the venue privately; we did inquire some months ago).

It'll add nothing whatsoever unless the money's raised. But if it's raised, it'd be worth whatever a 30-minute show is worth. More than a short subject? YEAH, if it gets made. We'd look to negotiate with a couple of actors who have some name value. One I think we could get; the other 50/50 as she's... ascending fast, career-wise. But we have some backup options anyway.

Some people think this can work; some don't. Some people love the idea; some hate it. So the whole thing is entertainingly divisive I guess. For whatever it's worth, I believe in it 100% if all the ducks could be lined up. Now anyone can say, "You WOULD say that!" True. But I don't have the same belief in the other two-dozen ideas I have knocking around. I accept not everyone will concur but they don't have to. The whole thing is a roll of a dice. It could be an Epic Fail, but if it isn't... there's nothing without risk.

I'll try one more call on here and then, shrug, look elsewhere.

Video/CG person would be especially useful right now as a logo is being worked on which would need to be composited with the exterior of a real building. I'm not 100% confident about what will or won't work on film (meaning: it needs to look near as dammit real) so my impressions of the rough I was sent aren't 'expert' enough. Or even close.

Oh! To add to this, some pretty interesting stuff.

We hope to have a (drawn) promotional image shortly -- by a noted pro cartoonist. In fact, need someone to do a slick, professional colouring job on this -- anyone? Still looking.

And if we ever get a SERIES, the role of Doc Liberty is theoretically cast. A real actor. Can't name him. But that's way ahead for now.

Also waiting to hear a demo of the theme music, which has been rough-cut finished.

Back