• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Had an idea for a film...input?

I recently came up with an idea for a film a few months ago. It's extremely rough and I don't have the entire story constructed out yet, but I was hoping you guys could keep me your opinion on it. It's like an homage to the teen films of the 80's with a modern twist to it.

It's about a teenager who has basically nothing going for him. He's very scrawny and weak, and has a very low self-esteem. He has never met his father, and his step-dad is very abusive and brings him down on a weakly basis. He has a crush on this girl who is in one of his classes, but she's dating the soccer-team captain (a real douche-rocket) One day he goes to a garage-sale and sees a Super Nintendo for a great price. He buys it and the games that go with it. He has a blast playing all of his old favorite games. After getting his fill, he reaches down to the bottom of the box and finds a plain looking game cartridge that has nothing on it except "for the experienced". He's curious and puts the game into the system. All of the sudden, he becomes hooked to the screen, and starts playing ferociously. (The game itself is like a black-market underground version of Mortal Kombat) He keeps playing and playing, until finally reaching the last level, and before he can beat it, the game shuts off. His mind goes crazy. He frantically tries to bring the system back to life. He tries unplugging the system and plugging it back in. As he does this, the system electrocutes him and he goes unconscious. He wakes up the next morning, feeling fantastic. He gets ready for school, and goes to the bus stop. As he waits for the bus to arrive, he sees two kids bullying a much younger kid. He tells the other bullies to stop, but they don;t listen. He opens up a can whoop-@ss on the two bullies and helps the innocent kid out. He comes to realize that the game gave him the fighting abilities used in the game.

That's all I got right now. I'm sorry to have taken more time than I intended too. I've got A LOT to work on. I just wanted some advice from pros like you guys.

Back