• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question on my idea for a short.

I have a possible idea for a drama about a rape. Now a woman assists a man in raping another woman, in my idea. However my woman friend told me that if I'm going to have a woman assist in the rape of another woman, than I need to have a good deep reason for why she is doing it. I can't just write her doing it, without a background to her motive.

My original idea was she believes that the other woman deserves it for whatever, reason but I need more of a reason than just deserve my friends say. I asked my other women friends and they agreed that the female psyche would need a much more unique reason than just because she thinks she deserves it. So what are some good reasons then that would give the character a lot more depth? Thanks.

It is said that rape is about power and violence..not so much about sex. Think Natural Born Killers, Monster, and come up w/ something else. Revenge against the victims family, a crime spree, to deliver a message of power of hate....Childhood issues, psychosis

The message of power and hate would serve best, and my friends and I talked about that. But couldn't come up with any power and hate that she would have against whatever, to rape a woman. She doesn't know the woman so it would have be something that would fit in raping a random stranger.

In LET THE RIGHT ONE IN Oskar re-enacted the very same actions and taunts his bully inflicted upon him. Even if this is unique to child mentality (I'm far from educated about abusive pediatric psychology "norms") it would make a statement about an adult's behavior being that of a child's mental processes.

Another abuser's motivational approach would be that her victim had previously ardently campaigned about the original abuser's "debt had been paid to society" instigating his release from prison followed by subsequent return to the same criminal activity affecting either your female lead directly or indirectly.

"Justice?! Justice for whom?! How's this?! You feeling the justice NOW?!!"
11623339215smOy3.jpg
bikini-girl-fight03.jpg

Last edited:
This woman, she once had a happy family, with a husband and kids. One day, her husband leaves home because he was seduced by another random girl. Her kids suffer a lot of this which makes the woman angry against "sluttish" (her words not mine) women who seduce men for fun without thinking of others. So at some point, she is out with her male friend, she sees a "slut" (again) seducing a married man, and that just makes her furious. So to punish her for her luxurious and egotistical behavior, she plans the rape "You want men ? You want sex ? There you go ! Now shut up and spread your legs you whore."

There have been several cases where a woman helped her man rape because she loved him and wanted to please him. Spend some time and google the subject and you'll find all sorts of unbelievable horror.

As Michael said, people can be cruel and sadistic regardless of gender, background, upbringing or other psychological reasons or influences. Real life is more violent and unbelievable than anything we could make up.

Who is this character? Why is she helping in the rape? Who is the woman to her? Who is the man to her? Why is the man committing this rape? What is the point to the scene? Start to answer some of these questions, and then you can figure out if her motivations are realistic enough, and tweak from there.

What if it's a set-up? Maybe they turn around and rape him. How would he cope? Surprisingly, most rape crisis centers turn away men who are raped. And men are raped by men as well as women. Only a third of men report domestic violence or seek treatment. And when confronted by medical staff, they often lie. In a national study, women are equally as violent as men.

In the Stockholm Syndrome, a captive will often protect and identify with their captor. In the case of Patty Hearst, her participation was attributed to that and brainwashing techniques. But woman of battering husbands sometimes allow it to go on. So is it unreasonable for a woman to help her husband assault another woman? No.

But what if she does 'snap out of it' and plot with his target? Turn the tables? How would the victimizer cope becoming the victim? Especially in a very non-supportive society which seems to believe that 'men can't be raped'? Just a thought and twist.

I'll hide this with the spoiler thingie in case someone hasn't but wants to read this book.

This has been done in recent popular and bestselling fiction. Stephen King has just such a scenario in his book, Under the Dome. Now, when I read it, I questioned the believability of one woman collaborating in the rape of another. Your lady friends and others can argue the point with King. But I think it's at least passable within the story. In the book, a young woman is an accomplice with her male friends in gang raping another young woman. She does it because she's mean, like her mean male friends. King doesn't make any attempt to explain that the perp' had a troubled childhood or mental issues or whatever. She just nasty, like people often are. If I were to try and explain it or defend it on King's behalf, I would probably invoke group dynamics...like in groups and out groups, since the complicit female is tight with the male rapists and all of them are hostile toward their victim.

Season 4 "Conflicted" Episode 20 of the TV show criminal minds the Its a girl rapiest and her reason is She likes to be in power. Maby your character was beaten by her mom as a child so she hates women and wants revenge on women that resemble her mom?

Stockholm Syndrome. If the woman was kidnapped and serial raped by the man, it is conceivable that she would seek his approval to prevent further cruelty. By helping him rape these other women hat she doesn't know, it keeps him from hurting her. It is not uncommon for a serial rapist to kidnap a woman and hold her as a sex slave.

Law and Order SVU has done a show or two on women being rapists - they actually liked one of them so much they brought her back as an ADA.

Additionally, in real life women have been accomlices in rapes to other women. One that pops into. My mind is the Duggard story, whom she just released her book in the past couple weeks which described her 11 years of captivity. Then there is also the Smart case, very similar abduction scenario in which the wife of the guy didn't try and stop the assaults from happening, though I am unsure if she helped facilitate them. Then there's a possibile rape/killing with the Knox story - the American convicted in Italy of killing her roommate during what she claims was a wild "sex" game gone wrong.

Unfortunately this is way more common than one excpects.

Okay thanks for the ideas guys. I can't have her wanting revenge on a specific woman, because she knows she is going to help a guy commit a rape, but she doesn't know who he'll pick, so she's got to be into it, not knowing who will be picked. I and my friend have been talking it over, and it would be best if the woman's reason for wanting to rape, was not a reason for her being victimized in the past. The whole being victimized in the past is a cliche. At least victimized in a violent way.

Last edited:
Back