• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Magic Circle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbA_DPqbW4c

New episode (episode 5)!

Just like in the previous episode where I wrote about a summer barbecue and ended up shooting it in November, this has fallen victim somewhat to my scheduling. I wrote this episode back in July on what was by far the hottest day of the year for us in the UK, but shot it in September and released it almost in October. So the summer heat is a bit of a memory now. Anyhow, I hope it all still make sense ;)

Recreating the 'look' of a bright summer's day on a grey, rainy September afternoon was a bit of a challenge (and then posed other challenges in the edit/grade) but I think my DP did a pretty good job, especially given that it was almost entirely natural light.

Thanks, as always, to all the Indietalkers who have helped out, with this episode and previous ones :)

As has been evidenced by the decreasing number of YouTube views, the novelty of my web-series, The Magic Circle, has worn off somewhat! All the same, it's been great fun to do and I've worked with a lot of cool, talented people.

So here, in all it's glory, is the final episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8vwNmRXok

(It's the final episode simply because the series has run its course and its too difficult to organise for the amount of attention it receives. There's no form of closure or anything, so I guess the door is still open a crack!)

I am very sad that this was the last episode (at least for the foreseeable future) because I absolutely loved this. I understand troubles coordinating everything, and it's sad that you aren't getting the views that this deserves. Great stuff! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

I am very sad that this was the last episode (at least for the foreseeable future) because I absolutely loved this. I understand troubles coordinating everything, and it's sad that you aren't getting the views that this deserves. Great stuff! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

To be honest, from my end it's never been an unreasonable about of work – I enjoy writing the episodes and have never found them too hard to write (though that's not necessarily a good thing!), and the actual production time over 6 episodes was 2 shoot days.

But, ultimately, I don't have the money to properly reimburse people for participating and I can't keep leaning on them if it isn't getting the sort of exposure that could genuinely do some good for their careers. I had to rejig the cast for Episodes 4-6 and perhaps I could keep rejigging the cast and crew in order to make more episodes but......I don't know, feels like that's a way of avoiding the reality of the situation.

The Magic Circle has been great fun to make and everyone on it, including you, has been great to work with. It's been refreshingly low stress as well, especially compared to The Flight of the Flamingo (where the added stress has definitely exaggerated my disappointment with the end product). I'm tentatively working on another web-series about a very different subject from The Magic Circle, but which will have a very similar comic tone. Let's see how that works out but I've definitely learnt a lot about what I want/need from a web-series over the last year.

Back