• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Search For New Blood Screenwriting Contest - Who's in???

That was my first impression as well, although she claims in another thread here to just be an enthusiastic user of the site. A quick google search for her name and "stage32" leads to a bunch of similar posts on other filmmaking sites promoting stage32, so...

Last edited:
Nope. But they should probably hire me for the amount of promotion i've given them!

Just a new actress and screenwriter trying to get my bearings in the industry. It's the best site I've found and i'm just trying to expose it to others like it was shown to me. Would appreciate support rather than backlash and rude comments. Thanks!

Always willing to give support to new members - but you've got to understand that we frequently see people joining here to post sites they've supposedly 'found' and think we'll like, when in fact they are connected with the site and really just here to promote it.

So when ~75% of your posts here are promoting a third party site and no other, it's not a backlash to ask if you're connected to them - it's a legitimate question. When a google search for "janet tanner" and "stage32" shows you've been doing the same thing on a couple of other sites it looks suspicious. When the only profile for a Janet Tanner (spelled "Jannet") on stage32 has the company logo as a profile picture, lists her role as "Marketing/PR" in LA, and has little activity on the site (despite your apparent enthusiasm for it) it seems even more suspicious. And while it could be a coincidence that your profile info on one of the other sites you've posted links on (actonthis.tv) - female, white, 16-20 yo, 5" 2', long blond hair, brown eyes - matches the profile photo on linkedin for Stage32's 'Marketing Manager' in LA, it certainly doesn't seem unlikely (given the other info) that it could be the same person.

If all of this is merely coincidence, then I apologize for my "rudeness" and welcome you to IT, and hope you will continue to participate in the community here - although I'd hope it will consist of more than just links to stage32. If it's not coincidence then I'd say it's rude to continue to pretend that you're not here primarily to promote the site.

Back