• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Growing passion into life long commitment. Indiegogo

Hello everyone!!:D
My name is Dan. Digital Production has been a dig part of my life ever since I finished high school and got my first DSLR. Right now I am rasing a budget to get myself onto a new level of production. This is a short topic on it, so please visit the page to see more info on that!:yes:

It is very important to me to get this done, so please share your word about my campaign!):director:
Here is IndieGoGo link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sweetlime-design/x/5260218

Thanks in advance. I'll be posting more info on that so stay tuned!
Wish you very best day,
Dan from Ukraine!

Going to random forums and posting a link will not fund your campaign, no matter how many forums you copy and paste this too.

You need a fanbase just to begin, it doesn't have to be huge, but you need something. ANYTHING that can get you to 30% within the first two days. Typically if you haven't reached that within the first two days statistics say you'll fail.

Then ontop of that you will need something to get over the midway bump, this is all the time after the first week and before the last week (Of which two times you should make most of the money). Most people do this by going on podcasts, getting featured on funding news sites, doing interviews, updating the campaign videos, some awesome midway deal that everyone can get. This is really where the random internet people help.

Lastly you come to the final few days, you SHOULD have already funded and be looking at hitting 200% if not more. If not this will be the most stressful week of your life. You have basically failed in the long run. Not having hit the goal within the first week, you clearly have failed to get the internet on your side or the hype just wasn't there for your project, something kept the people who don't know you from backing. Perhaps it's your video? Perhaps it's the overly simple project body you made? Maybe the rewards aren't good enough? No matter what you now have a problem that will likely end in failure. It's too late to redeem. Cancel the project (cause that looks better than a failure on your account) and try again later after learning more about crowdfunding.

Welcom to IT.

To add to SkyCopeland's remarks.
The real problem is that it's basicly a 'gear campaign' instead of a project.
Asking strangers for money to buy gear almost never works.
Certainly not with fellow filmmakers who try to save money for their own gear ;)
People want either a product they want or a project they believe in.

Having said that:

good luck!

PS.

A documentary about how the problems in the East influence daily life in Kiev could get some more support, I guess.

Yeah some new guy with 1 post .. lol

you will have better luck on the side of a highway with a pan handling sign
and you will feel more honest about your behavior

To 'raise your budget' have you considered getting a job like a normal person

not to mention it looks like you've already got 7k and a bit of basic gear? you're doing better than most of us my friend. my recommendation is to search for affordable options rather than buying top of the line stuff.

for example:
wordpress offers hosting for as cheap as 20 bucks a year

keh.com has a great selection of used lenses. with my canon, i have a nikon adapter for some AIS lenses and i LOVE how these lenses look, i have a 24 2.8, 50 1.4, and a 75-150 3.5. for all 3 i probably spent 150 bucks total, and to reiterate i LOVE THEM! i've even been on multiple short and feature sets where i've seen the 24 being used on a c100 or a 5D EDIT: a buddy even lends me his 55 2.8 macro and 100-300 4. nikon lenses forever!

surf IT and you'll find a great amount of audio threads to recommend some budget audio gear that will cover most bases (Alcove gives some good recommendations in this very recent thread: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=57030)

after that and your business registration (not expensive), you'll have enough left over to buy a motorized slider and a new DSLR body and rent on a small studio for a few months.

or shit, take that 7k, and fund your own short! use that to raise money for your next project. dude, you're in a better position than most of us, i don't see the need for your indiegogo campaign...

Back