• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Doing More - A Short Film By Ryan Davies & Geraint Thomas

Hey guys

So as some of you may have seen I recently joined here, and recently I'm making an effort to create, it's what I love doing (Even small projects like this). So I ended up making a very handheld camera styled piece to close out 2014!

So just as a (Hopefully!) quick foreword to go with the short film my friend and aspiring director Ryan Davies wrote the narration that accompanies this video, after having a year which had its difficulties, so he grouped a small production crew (3 of us including him) and we went out one night and just shot film from about 10pm, no plan, just minimal equipment, and passion, we then had an early start and began shooting our second day by 9am and had edited the video together by 12:30.

When I say we had no equipment I mean it, we had a vary basic tripod and a Panasonic Lumix FZ38, we never expected to make anything great from it given our basic equipment, but I'm proud of the result, and I hope you guys can find enjoyment in it too!

I appreciate any criticisms/comments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbBQXstTGuU&list=UUoCdC8FLXdppMfTqvVAIpgQ

I really like that. It looks pretty, the music's nice, and while its true that I could happily listen to a South Wales accent reading a shopping list, the narration was meaningful and well-written. Maybe it's because I find myself in a similar position to the narrator right now, but it certainly spoke to me.

I really like that. It looks pretty, the music's nice, and while its true that I could happily listen to a South Wales accent reading a shopping list, the narration was meaningful and well-written. Maybe it's because I find myself in a similar position to the narrator right now, but it certainly spoke to me.

Thanks! Any criticisms about it?

Back