Feedback on my trailer needed please!

Hi everyone,

I've just finished putting together the first cut of the Arkham Sanitarium trailer and I'd really appreciate any feedback you might have on it :)

It's a password-protected video hosted on Vimeo - the password is providence and you can get to the trailer here.

It hasn't been colour-corrected yet, and there's some obvious VFX work needed (greensceen and a few other things), there's also no music - I need to get the edit finalised before sending it to my composer.

I'm thinking it's a bit too long at 3 mins 30 secs (I aimed for 2 minutes!) but I couldn't trim it down any further without losing some of the atmosphere or confusing the story - if any of you have got some ideas on how I might shorten it, they'd be much appreciated.

Thank you!

ah.. sorry I missed it..

though, just from your post Id say this..

"Sell the sizzle not the steak"

'Selling the sizzle, not the steak" - the benefits, not the features - is a basic selling principle that's been around for thousands of years.

In our context, "benefits" transmits to why folks go to movies, I'm not asking why they might go to YOUR movie, rather what do people expect to get out the "movie experience".

I believe its an emotional experience that we want from a movie.

With this logic a trailer should sell the emotions... , excitement, romance, fear, etc.. and not worry about the "features" of plot, story and execution. If you can get an emotional response from a trailer, people will want more. We crave meaningful emotional experiences..

Back