Editing Advice

I have recently found a passion for editing, but I'm nervous because this is my last year of college and I'm not sure how to get my foot in the door. I know interning through school is one thing, but I've heard you can find things on your own, but where do you find specific places where you can focus on editing rather than your typical filmmaking internship? I just want more editing experience so I can learn and grow as an editor. Mind you I am a beginner, but i'm a quick learning and i'm quickly adapting to final cut pro

hi jesse, i'm new to this forum too.

from what i can tell everyone's been giving pretty sound advice. one other possible area to look into that i might suggest is internet companies that focus on media content. one of my last editing gigs when i was based out in LA was with gametrailers.com who would hire a good number of freelancers anytime a major expo/convention came around. there are a lot of startups that are just starting to dip their feet into online video content and are probably very intern/entry-level friendly. it's probably a good way to work up some chops and more importantly learning to edit to deadlines. it teaches some discipline to overcome that constant urge to touch up and re touch up endlessly.

Back