• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Feedback for script idea?

It says I need permission to view the file, and then gives me an option to request permission. I think it would be better for you to post a link that allows anyone with the link to read the file. You can do that by going into the Sharing options for the file, selecting the option to get a link that anyone can use, and then selecting the dropdown option that limits people to viewing only (or maybe you want to select the option that allows people to comment).

It says I need permission to view the file, and then gives me an option to request permission. I think it would be better for you to post a link that allows anyone with the link to read the file. You can do that by going into the Sharing options for the file, selecting the option to get a link that anyone can use, and then selecting the dropdown option that limits people to viewing only (or maybe you want to select the option that allows people to comment).

Does this work?

Why don't you just write it as a screenplay? It'd probably take you an hour or two...

I opened your document... then I closed it again. I honestly don't have time to read through all that. Judging by the very small amount I looked at, I'd guess this may only be a few pages worth of script. Yet you've written six pages that reads more like prose. Just re-format it; I think you'll get way more people willing to give you feedback on a screenplay than you'll get as it is.

Why did you write it like this, instead of just writing it as a screenplay?

Hey! Could I get some feedback on an idea for a script I've been working on? I know it's not in the correct format at the moment and there might be a few grammatical/spelling errors, I would just like some feedback so I can develop it further, Thanks!]
I tell ya what...

If you take the time and effort to format it properly and correct
all the grammatical/spelling errors I will take the time to read
it an offer some feedback.

Deal?

I look forward to it.

Another thing you might try since you want feedback on your story:

Write out your story in standard prose form - no camera angles
no dialogue. But please don't expect people to decipher poor
grammar and spelling.

You said;
I would just like some feedback so I can develop it further
Are you hoping for ideas to develop your story? Or are you just
interested to know if people like your story?

I look forward to it.

Another thing you might try since you want feedback on your story:

Write out your story in standard prose form - no camera angles
no dialogue. But please don't expect people to decipher poor
grammar and spelling.

Are you hoping for ideas to develop your story? Or are you just
interested to know if people like your story?

I'll be honest, a bit of both xD, I haven't had much time recently as I am in college, so when I have free periods I will try and work on it.

Back