Tascam 05, 07MkII, 40, Zoom h4n?

Hello everybody.. i´m new to filmmaking.. i´m a photographer trying to learn with DSLR Video!

I own all the equipment i need for video, but not for audio.
Actually.. i don´t have anything for the audio yet.

My idea is to start with a recorder, such as
Tascam DR 05, 07MkII, DR 40, or the Zoom H1, h2n or h4n.

I can afford them all but if i buy a cheaper one i can spend the rest of the money on a Shotgun mic and stuff like that.

I need a recorder mainly for weddings. I don´t want to record real audio all the time, but i need it to capture the groom talking to the camera or friends, the bride reading her vows and similar situations, without lots of enviromental noise.

My question is: I can grab a DR05 for 90 u$d.. does it make sense to spend over 200u$d on a H4N if the mics are really similar? I know that one uses XLR inputs.. but are they worth it for this use?
What about the 07MKII? The Dr40? The Zoom H1? (This one is the only one i tested and i really liked it, but i know nothing about audio).

Thank you for reading!

One thing i forgot to mention is that i´m worried about the battery life of the H4N.

Some people says it last 2 hours recording with 2 AA batteries.. compare to the 12+ hours of the Tascam DR05 and the 8+ of the Zoom H1 with a single battery.

I can easily replace them, but carrying several batteries for LED lights, 2 cameras, shotgun mic, and recorder doesnt sound really fun for shooting weddings.

Back