• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question about my premise.

For my script a woman gets away with killing a cop, and a group of other cops who were friends of his want to get even. This isn't the plot, just a quarter of it about. However, I did research and read some true crime stories, to get a realistic idea of police behavior. When it comes to police brutality situations, the police never seem brutal with a woman, and most often treat a female suspect with much more sensitivity, then a male. Looking into extreme cases of police violence, this is especially true.

So with that mind, is it even feasible, for a group to conspire to murder a woman, to avenge an officer's murder, cause after not being able to find stories of that compared to male suspects, I have trouble swallowing my own plot now.

Yeah I know. I'm just going by police society like I said. Since when does organize crime not murder women?
What you are suggesting is cops are organized as a vendetta squad to commit murders and have a no kill code for women. You are saying this as if all cops are a part of this vendetta/code as a society. You are really reaching with this, and you better be careful with anti-cop films if you are going to go to that level of fiction.

Like Mad Hatter said previously, it's hard to give meaningful help with the small amount of information that you provide.

Not knowing what the reason for her killing a cop, I can find it plausible that this could happen, and has probably happened before. Humans do some really messed up things on a daily basis. I mean look at what happened with the two cops in NYC who were acquitted by a jury a month or so ago of repeatedly raping a woman who they picked up one night and gave a ride home to from a bar. I could see this as giving rise for a woman wanting to go after her attacker and possibly have his cohorts get revenge for him.

I don't know what true crime stories you've read but I think you need to look at civil cases and things that happen in the legal world to find some sort of items that you might be looking for.

What you are suggesting is cops are organized as a vendetta squad to commit murders and have a no kill code for women. You are saying this as if all cops are a part of this vendetta/code as a society. You are really reaching with this, and you better be careful with anti-cop films if you are going to go to that level of fiction.

Well in my case, they will have a no code with the genders, and I agree, I do wanna be careful. I just don't want to be too far fetched for such a serious story. I mean notice how the more darker serious thrillers are the ones that wanna stick a little closer to realism, compared to say Die Hard or Speed, where even though they aren't as fake as James Bond, they don't have as realistic of a tone, as say, The Departed or Magnum Force.

Last edited:
Well I would have to give away a lot to explain the reason, but it is one hopefully that will give the cops enough motive.

Tell us already!

You're not just making this film for the members of this forum are you? Tell us everything, give it all away. That way we can help you as best we can. I'd be willing to promise that I will not steal your idea, I'm sure everybody else would do the same.

Yeah you're right. Well basically the woman didn't want the cops to interfere with her plans so she killed him to show her power. I will make that enough of a reason for other cops to go postal on her.

Well as the writer it's my job to make it work of course. I've seen more implausible in big hit movies, so it's like it was said before, it's just a matter of selling it. I might be able to change the character into a man and still make it work, if that's more feasible.

Last edited:
Back