Makeshift Dolly?

Hey guys, i'm thinking of using a few camera tracks in my next film and I need a smooth dolly, but I don't particularly have the financial resources to purchase one. I've used a computer chair for a dolly before, but was wondering if there is any better way of doing it. The computer chair tends to shake the camera little too much, are there other ways of making a dolly?

Thanks for any advice guys!

Interesting design. I always like to see a new take on things like that. (Thanks for sharing it.)

If it’s all about just using IKEA stuff that’s cool. I respect that limitation and the creativity found within it, but outside of that I really wouldn’t make wood as a track my 1st choice. (Maybe some hardwood, but not soft pine like that looks to be, and not out in the snow.) Most of all, I don’t even want to think about what it’s like to clip an ankle or bare foot on the edge of one of the brackets at full stride.

As far as that person went in making it, they could just bend the edges of the brackets and mount them on the underside of the deck to use PVC, but to each their own. It’s still cool.

-Thanks-

Back