Using MB Pro as Ext Monitor (t2i)

Ok so.. from what Ive gathered. The t2i does not monitor HD while recording, so the only reason to purchase , lets say a Marshall monitor (apart from having a bigger screen, SD none the less for recording purposes) would be as an investment for a future upgrade from the t2i.
So I was wondering if it was possible to connect the t2i to my macbook pro , via hdmi , and then hdmi to mini dvi adapter (since apple refuses hdmi -___-) and use it as an external display, to get the benefits of a bigger screen. This would obv be for tripod shots where I could have my laptop on a high table or something next to the cam.
Does it sound like a big mess? Thoughts?

I don't think any MacBook Pro has ever had a video input. However, you can get USB adaptors that will allow you to connect a composite or S-video out cable to it, playing the video on screen. There's usually too much lag to be any use for framing though, and it won't be high enough resolution to pull focus from - added to which, you lose the video on the 550D's screen when you plug anything in to the HDMI or video out ports. I think I'd invest in a Z-finder or something similar rather than a messy monitoring solution.

Back