• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

CONTRIBUTE to produce a short film

We are tying to finance our new short film PICNIC adopting the crowd funding strategy. Our production is Italian and the method is quite new in our country. Please have a look at the link below. You can find all the info about the project. If you like it CONTRIBUTE. A little of your help means a lot for us! Independent cinema struggles so much here in Italy and your help can really make a difference! THANKS

http://www.indiegogo.com/picnicshort/x/1870103

My checkbook is open. Will $10,000 USD be enough?

Honestly, what is your problem? Every crowdfunding thread you mock the people for doing it. I really don't understand your mentality. Why are you so negative and hostile all the time? If you're not interested in helping them reach €5,000 then leave it at that.

@kimz_83: You're well on your way to reaching your target, so perhaps it's pointless saying this, but your campaign would've looked a lot better with a video- in Italian but subtitled in English- explaining the project. I had to scroll down to look for the English and then it's quite text heavy. A short, simple video pitch would've helped that. But you seem to be doing a good job without that, so good luck with the remaining €1,840!

Honestly, what is your problem? Every crowdfunding thread you mock the people for doing it. I really don't understand your mentality. Why are you so negative and hostile all the time? If you're not interested in helping them reach €5,000 then leave it at that.

Lets see: 207 views and only 2 posts. I think the filmmakers would prefer a harsh dose of truth rather than have their hopes strung along by 206 enablers. If not here, they'll find out elsewhere they need to rethink their crowdfunding approach. You didn't certainly want me to give them false hope did you? Or did you prefer I just remained silent like the 205 of you?

What you see as "negative", I see as facts that these guys need to know. I also don't understand your concern with my mentality, did I use an ad hominem comment against you? I don't think so.

My options here were, the cold hard truth, or comic relief.

Lets see: 207 views and only 2 posts. I think the filmmakers would prefer a harsh dose of truth rather than have their hopes strung along by 206 enablers. If not here, they'll find out elsewhere they need to rethink their crowdfunding approach. You didn't certainly want me to give them false hope did you? Or did you prefer I just remained silent like the 205 of you?

What you see as "negative", I see as facts that these guys need to know. I also don't understand your concern with my mentality, did I use an ad hominem comment against you? I don't think so.

My options here were, the cold hard truth, or comic relief.

Most would have probably preferred you to stay quiet. I don't see the harm in someone trying to promote their crowd funding campaign. All the best! :) Looks like its coming across nicely!

Most would have probably preferred you to stay quiet.

I'm not so sure. I think the forum owners squirm when posts drop off the board at 0-120+.

There are LOTS of zero and 120+ post that drop off the board. Ever wonder what these newbie posters think about that? They leave learning nothing. I was the first person to respond after 10 hours from the initial post -- approaching the dangerous zero drop off zone.

Last edited:
Back