filming techniques cloning yourself

We are working on a short film where a family of 4 (three brothers and a father) are all clones of the same person. With that aside we have the knowledge to make it look fine and sound great.

My problem right now (well not a problem but looking for a different way) is the timing. The way we're doing it right now is using a digi recorder two separate tracks (one for each character) then do a playback for the opposite character and film.

It works, but I was wondering if there's a different way, maybe more effective in this time of filming.

If you would like to check out some test shots you can check out my website @ http://www.youtube.com/brokenleashfilm.

thanks in advance.

You can also clone by using the "crop" function in your NLE. You just need to ensure your staging is done correctly so you don't have your characters overlapping to the "other" side of the screen.

Also, if you use the "crop" feature in your films, you need to ensure consistent lighting. Even a small change in lighting will ruin the whole shot.

Just a thought.

I think the issue is the audio, not the video. ;)

3ric, You might try having someone offscreen read other lines the current character is playing against. Then it won't be quite so mechanical.

I think the issue is the audio, not the video. ;)

3ric, You might try having someone offscreen read other lines the current character is playing against. Then it won't be quite so mechanical.

I think we've tried that a bit but there was always a different speed and feel for each take (each character) and it was hard to edit with doing a bunch of close ups for fill space if the two-shot didn't edit right for a certain line.

thanks for the help though.

Back