Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phantom Thread

• The Post

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HELLO! :hi:

So what did you guys think about the Oscars Nominees? I'm so excited! What film do you think is gonna win the best picture Oscar? :yes:

Let's discuss it! To me the winner will be "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" although I'd really love to see "Dunkirk" winning! :D Talking about soundtracks, imo Blade Runner 2049's should be a nominee! :thumbsup:

Ikr! I think it was one of the best sequel movies I've ever seen! Everything was just stunning! Denis Villeneuve is surely one my new favourite directors!

So far I have watched 6 out of 9 nominated Best Picture films (Dunkirk, Get Out, Lady Bird, The Post, The Shape of Water, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) and my pick is Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

And for the best director, my first favorite is Guillermo del Toro and my second favorite is Christopher Nolan. Both are visionary filmmakers.

PS: My friend said Greta Gerwig might win this category as Hollywood may try to support women because of many bad things came to light last year.

Not that excited for this year. Didn't care much for DUNKIRK, as it really missed the mark on giving me a character that I cared about or who even had an arc. Too much jumping from one situation to another, for me. I liked GET OUT, but I'm surprised that a horror flick like that would get nominated. Haven't seen it, but I'm surprised that THE SHAPE OF WATER got 13 nominations. I didn't care for PAN'S LABYRINTH or DEVIL'S BACKBONE, but I'm a sucker for a love story, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll catch 3 BILLBOARDS at some point. Don't know if I'll see it, but DARKEST HOUR sounds like the kind of movie that would have a good shot to win.

Let's see, movies I really liked in 2017:
BLADE RUNNER: 2049 (Not for everyone, but the sound, the music, the visuals... amazing. Went twice.)
THE FOREIGNER (Jackie Chan uses his brain. Well done. Cool score.)
LOGAN (I teared up at the end of this.)
KONG: SKULL ISLAND (Some epic scenes. Lots of monster goodness.)
WONDER WOMAN (Well done. Gal Gadot is near perfect for this. Chris Pine was good, too. Went twice.)
47 METERS DOWN (After I forced them to go, my kids were squirming in their seats. Surpassed our expectations.)
KIDNAP (Loved it. A long and gripping chase. Saw it twice in the theater.)
HAPPY DEATH DAY (Bested expectations. Cleverly tongue in cheek and even gave an onscreen nod to GROUNDHOG DAY. Loved the lead actress.)
THOR: RAGNAROK (Fun. Very fun. Retro attitude, graphics, and score. Saw it twice.)
STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Controversial and I was on the side that liked it! Hyper-space, epic saber fight, cool Luke finale. Definitely twice.)

There are others that I also liked, but not as much as those. I almost put GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 in that list, just because of the young Kurt Russell effects work. Funny movie, but that part was astonishing.

Last edited:
Dunkirk & Darkest Hour are quite good. They complement & make each other better. If they were combined it would be an amazing epic. Will anyone ever make an almost 4 hr. epic like that again, knowing less showings mean less money?

I would've nominated Blade Runner 2049 in the best picture category too.

Last edited:
Back