• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

These movie scores are from which movies?

Hi:

I was about to buy the "Science Fiction (The 30 Greatest Movie Scores) - Hollywood Pictures Orchestra" from iTunes. Please see the below link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/science-fiction-30-greatest/id572343999#

But some of the movies listed in there, I couldn't find these movies anywhere including IMDB.

18) A Trip To Saturn
19) Kryptonia
20) Ballad On the Moon
21) Welcome To The Moon
25) Thrilling Machine
26) Fears
27) Farewell to the Galaxy
28) X-Tra Invaders 1
29) X-Tra Invaders 2

Can someone please help me and clarify this? Also, if they are just tracks and not movies, do anyone know what movies they belong to?

Thanks.

Not sure what those are from, but they also appear on other albums, such as "Fear at the Movies" and others, which are put out by Hollywood Pictures Orchestra. They have released several compilations. I see "Germany" on a lot of these, so I'm guessing it is not a Hollywood orchestra! :lol:

A lot of the tracks sound like they were done with sample libraries (East West Orchestra and the like). So, I'm picturing some guy at his computer, sequencing on his DAW. Some of it sounds good, while other times I hear sounds, like unconvincing strings in the higher registers, that you would get on an older keyboard workstation.

Go to Amazon and listen to snippets of those tracks. Here's a LINK.

Back