Indie Film makers magazine?

would this e-magazine interest you as an indie filmmaker?

So i was thinking, i wanted to get into indesign, and start making a short little interactive magazine for ipad users mainly, this magazine would be interactive so with vids in it and tips and etc..

but what would you like to see mainly in this kind of interactive magazine? it would be entirely free and simply out there to help indie makers?

I was thinking 3 sections:

beginners: so if your new to film making the basics film, what it involves, is it for you, what kind of budget just the fundamentals

Beginner Professionals: tips on lenses, focusing, filming tips; angles, iso's, exposure etc, these would be in video on the magazine, audio, scriptwriting

Film Challenges: so every 2 weeks a film challenge would be made, with the top 10 featuring in the magazine, and interviews with the winners, no prizes though :), these challenges would be hard, different and make you really think about different ways of film making

so what do you think? not sure if this is posted in the right section but yeah thoughts please.

thanks

Last edited:
I think this would be good! :)

Would it be out for Android?

Well, the idea is for ipad at first, but most definitely i would make it available for all platforms, what kind of android device do you have? i would ideally like to target this for tablets only at first, bigger screens better content appeal, i think phones would have to come much later.

Well, the idea is for ipad at first, but most definitely i would make it available for all platforms, what kind of android device do you have? i would ideally like to target this for tablets only at first, bigger screens better content appeal, i think phones would have to come much later.

I have a Toshiba Thrive tablet. Pads would be best for it.

*UPDATE*

I am now making a simple beginners guide for DSLR workflow, im going to release it first as a word document, then try either using ibooks or indesign to spruce it up.

If anyone has any requests for something to be included let me know, it can be anything related to beginners workflow.

Thanks

Back