• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Music for your films

i sent an email earlier, but a lot of times people use junk emails for websites that require one to signup. Good point about the soundcloud I will try that there.

So you think just some written permission like that is okay, i don't need a form or signature or anything?

How will the track be used, and what is the purpose of the film?

How will the track be used, and what is the purpose of the film?

the song will be practical.. everyone is at a party, dancing, and I want this to be the song playing
the purpose of the film is non-commerical and to prove myself as a writer/director of quality work

So basically to be released on youtube, and privately shown to a few people if you want to show them what you can do? I'm not at all qualified to give legal advice, but you should be fine in most cases. I believe his post here would be sufficient if you somehow ran into trouble (it seems unlikely that he'd randomly stumble across your film). Credit him properly, etc. If it does turn out he doesn't want it in your film, for whatever reason, and contrary to your post, I would highly doubt he'd try take legal action (unless you're raking in millions of views on youtube), so reuploading to public platforms with a different song should suffice.

That said, it's always safer to get explicit permission.

hi sfoster!
could not write to me in all the profiles:) when would be online, I would have told you.
as will usually be deployed your video?

hi sfoster!
could not write to me in all the profiles:) when would be online, I would have told you.
as will usually be deployed your video?

I'm sorry, I do not understand :huh:
video would be ready to be deployed in a month or so, but if it turns out as good as i hope i might try to pitch it at some film festivals

I'm sorry, I do not understand :huh:
video would be ready to be deployed in a month or so, but if it turns out as good as i hope i might try to pitch it at some film festivals

these free tracks for youtube / vimeo video. write what style of track is needed and I'll try to do it just for your movie.

sorry for my english:)

these free tracks for youtube / vimeo video. write what style of track is needed and I'll try to do it just for your movie.

sorry for my english:)

I really like the Dark Hiphop song
My video will just be ending up on youtube/vimeo or entered into a film festival at the most.

Style of music is dubstep, people taking mdma and dancing.
I could always use a little more music. One song will be featured predominantly in the beginning then i will have to use some other songs in the background while people are talking. but it's all music that is playing during a pool party

for the main song i need it this friday! and maybe even today.. so the one that is made already would be great and maybe i can use a second one later too

Last edited:
ok. Dark HipHop can use without problems. in the credits I can not specify.
as the video is ready, give me the link.

Video with my music tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Neo3GF5fRk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71DlhLEbf0A

ok. Dark HipHop can use without problems. in the credits I can not specify.
as the video is ready, give me the link.

Okay guys, you are all my witnesses!! I have approval :)

ramzess production is finished, I am just now getting started on the editing.
I wanted your song to be the main track, it's my favorite. but the actresses wanted to dance to a different song.. so now it's a question of if the editing works correctly or not.

I am using your track for sure at some point in this video, but I don't know if it will be central or in the background. I have to see if I can match the dance moves they were doing to your track. Either way great work I really enjoy this song and I hope to make it what everyone is dancing to instead of being played later on in the background

hey man your song is working out great for me. i will have something you can watch pretty soon :)

Back