what's a good HD camera to get for under $500?

is there any at all? I prefer ones not like the stupid Flip camera. Please be serious. Thank you.

Must have:
USB compatibility
Mic jack
HDMI (Obviously)
720p-1080p is good (Obviously)

Thanks!

-Ethan Newsom

Have you any in mind? Have you searched for any? You might be better off asking our thoughts of a particular camera cause i'm sure that question has been asked 1000 times and i reckon you might get a non serious answer.
My answer is No.. Nothing under $500 is good but if that's all you got than yes it's perfect.

Canon SX20IS uses SD cards though. It will give you decent manual controls , a good picture and used or reconditioned from factory $300 or so. I use one myself and it works for me

I am selling my Canon HV40 "B-camera" - it was for a back-up on my feature shoot - didn't need it. Has minimal usage - works and looks brand new - $400 + shipping

Comes in original box with all the included accesories (some still in plastic) and the manual.

It shoots 1080, HDMI, USB, Mic jack, etc. - it's a wonderful camera that shoots incredible images.

Will include and extra battery and 4 tapes.

Also have a Raynox 6600 Wide angle lens attachment, a lens hood, and Final Cut Express(unregistered in original box) if you are interested.

Go do some research on this camera - it's excellent.

I received a GH2 as an early Xmas present, that is why I am selling.

Chris

Recently got a Panasonic SD90 for £240. It was a special edition for the London Olympics, and so the price is lower than the normal ones, but the same camera. Excellent little camcorder, the only downside of which is the lack of ring-manual focus like on DSLRs.
It does 1080/50p in .mp4 files and everything else in AVCHD, and does 5mp stills too. 21x optical zoom, 40x izoom. In my opinion, the best you can get for the price. Not sure how much exactly they go for in USD, but I'm confident they'll be somewhat under $500, so perfect for your budget.

Hope that helps :)

Back