Film School Breakdown Blog Discussion

Hey!

So I'm Sky and I've been on the forum from some time. Mainly I've been lurking and using the site as a sort of knowledge database? And I thank you all for that.

I've decided to attend film school, particularly Full Sail University. I couldn't find any step by step breakdowns of what it was like to attend a school like Full Sail so I decided over the next two years that I would document this experience here step by step.

The blog is located here: http://www.indietalk.com/blog.php?b=419

I hope this thread can provide a place to discuss the blog (and I mean discuss literally, debate it with me if you wish, but try not to unreasonly bash on Full Sail or Film Schools in general. Thank you.) and things you'd like to see in the blog.

Thanks for reading, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Good job on the vlog! After the first minute you settled down and did great. Youre a champ now! Good luck at Full Sail. I am not going to film school in fact it never crossed my mine. i'm debating whether to go to college and do the dorm life or move to LA next year. I do know I will make another feature before whatever decision I make next year.

Looking forward to your vlogs this year. You might change my mind!

Good job on the vlog! After the first minute you settled down and did great. Youre a champ now! Good luck at Full Sail. I am not going to film school in fact it never crossed my mine. i'm debating whether to go to college and do the dorm life or move to LA next year. I do know I will make another feature before whatever decision I make next year.

Looking forward to your vlogs this year. You might change my mind!

Sad face... someone watched my painful vlog lol... I have two more posts ready (Admissions & Financial, and Orientation) just need to make my vlogs for them.

I'm glad you're looking forward to more of them! And just to make sure, I'm not attempting to persuade anyone to go to Full Sail, or another film school, just letting know what they should expect from a school like FSU. If my blog does end up persuading anyone to attend Full Sail then I believe they persuaded themselves from taking into account my evaluation of the school's worth on advancing careers and education of film.

Thanks for reading/watching :D

Do we get more vlogs?

I had a feeling this question was going to come up... and honestly I've wrote all but last month's blog. I just need the time (and my stress to go down) to review it all, make sure I didn't go too far "review", and actually record the vlogs.. which shouldn't be so stressful... but they really are for me.

I WILL SAY CLASSES ARE CRAZY AT FULL SAIL. Last month I had about 140 hours in class, it's very stressful.

My christmas break is coming soon and I'm heading back to my mother's on the gulf coast for my two weeks of peace. I will be posting about... 5 entries during that time? XD

So yea! Expect them this month.

Everything from Applying & Acceptance to my breakdown of the six classes I've already taken and passed.

Would someone mind clicking the link to the blog in the first post of this thread?

I can't seem to view it... even though I checked recent blog entries, mine isn't even there? Even though other Premiere Expired user's blogs are? And I can view theirs too.... this is pretty strange...

Anyways... I'll also post some on topic stuff....

I am in month 10 out of 21 currently. I still have notes, I do write a sort of script for my vlogs at the end of each month... I just hate being in front of the camera to actually record them... so yea, don't think my thoughts of each month will be me just catching up trying to remember lol, I wrote it all down.

But it brings me to the question... do you guys even want the videos? For the most part all film school's get here is biased hatred. Not only that, but Full Sail has completely changed the degree programs. All my classes no longer exist for future students, and Full Sail will no longer teach Film Cameras (completely digital now).

Soooo... I can still tell my experience... but coming here now would get a completely different one... will it be better? Perhaps, after about five years for the new system to break out all it's flaws.

Back