• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What's the easiest way to do this?

Hi Folks, I have a personal project I would like to do for my wife. One of our favorite movies is Love Actually and the cue card scene. I want to do what this person did but substitute with my own words and pictures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEog14P_yo

I love the way the author did it to made it look so seamless. What would you suggest is the best way for me to redo this?

Thanks so much for your help!

Go to your local arts and crafts store and buy card stock and a good marker.
Write what you feel on those cards. Choose a song that your wife loves. Then
go outside and ring the doorbell. When she answers play the song and show
her the cards one after the other.

LOL, no I specifically looking to see if I could replace the text in the movie with words of my own. The idea would be her playing the video thinking it was the actual clip from the movie.

Do you think this guy did it frame by frame or was there an easier way to overlap the text over the original video?

Yeah those looked pretty good, never seen the flick so figured they were original (until the Jared ad lol).

Question, most DVD's are 24 fps right? I'm using WinX DVD Ripper (Trial) and it always converts to 30 fps (six extra frames I would rather not have to deal with).

What DVD ripper and format can I use to get the exact same 24 fps on the original DVD? Thanks

Back