Tinalera's April Fool's Freaky Funk Fantastic Film Fest

Wow, April 1st already! :)

My (scoreless) footage will be up in the next hour or so :)

Hope to my score in the next couple of weeks

So... there I was, going to quick get my footage ready to make something quickly for this event - grmble... when my computer decides to play an April Fool's Gag on me... my compressor is failing from the "can't connect to queue" issue that plagued this old version of compressor :( Must get better job to get more money to upgrade to modern hardware and software! I would have had something to show, but sadly won't as I can't convert my footage to something editable currently - and don't have the time to troubleshoot, transcode and edit... I'll keep plugging away though and post when it gets done-ish.

So... there I was, going to quick get my footage ready to make something quickly for this event - grmble... when my computer decides to play an April Fool's Gag on me... my compressor is failing from the "can't connect to queue" issue that plagued this old version of compressor :( Must get better job to get more money to upgrade to modern hardware and software! I would have had something to show, but sadly won't as I can't convert my footage to something editable currently - and don't have the time to troubleshoot, transcode and edit... I'll keep plugging away though and post when it gets done-ish.

When it gets done, it gets done :)

Like I said, the footage I posted has no audio (still waiting on my score) but I didn't it was right for a film fest in my name (courtesy of CF) to not post what I had.

So you do what you can, sorry to hear about the issues-hopefully they clear up soon! :)

Now on to your format issue. IIRC, the .vob format is basically just an mpeg file, so all you need to do is rename the files to .mpg and your NLE should recognize them. It may still be a little buggy, but if you're patient you should be able to get it edited.

Yeah, that was my plan. Premiere CS5 actually handles VOB files, though. But it's not working with either the VOB or the re-named mpeg. I suspect it somehow has to do with the fact that the DVD-recorder was purchased for $20 from Wal-Mart.

Yeah, that was my plan. Premiere CS5 actually handles VOB files, though. But it's not working with either the VOB or the re-named mpeg. I suspect it somehow has to do with the fact that the DVD-recorder was purchased for $20 from Wal-Mart.

ALong those lines, I bought a 6 pack of Fuji DVD +R to burn some video I shot onto DVD for a friend, and my DVD won't even read the DVD-it acts like I put nothing in.

Here is my submission. It is an update to my short called "Unemployable" I edited the short down a lot to make it only 7 minutes long with credits. It was about ten minutes longer almost before so it was quite a challenge. I chanced the beginging opening title sequence too. Edited the brightness and sound also. It is a comedy short film about being unemployed and doing all the wrong things while interviewing among other things.

Here is the link to the video at the screening area of the forum http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=159233#post159233

Last edited:
I am making an effort to get something up here, but I am going the long way round, meaning I am trying to upload some stuff to YouTube -- which I've never done -- then get it posted here.

...we'll see how it goes...

-- spinner :cool:

This will be a very short diversion for most of you, but it was something that I felt needed saying or, perhaps, reinforcement.

That was before the earthquake in Japan, and now it might look as though the timing was ill considered. This was complete before then and our thoughts are with the people of that country... again.

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=178469#post178469

Thanks, Tinalera, for getting us off out butts.

I wanted to get a trailer done for my animation, got wrapped up in animating a logo so only got the first 40 seconds cut in with a couple audio tracks ( not mixed and really rough, sorry). It should clock in around 3 and half minutes once finished.

The text:
LULU: "Marilyn (x9) is my mother".
Marilyn (Scarface): "Coochie-coo."
LULU: "She's taking over the world."
LULU: "Just to make my life, hell."

(Thanks to Steve Gelder for text suggestions)
There are two more lines but I don't want to give the twist away until I've completed the trailer. :)

http://vimeo.com/21854895

pw: indietalk

I wanted to get a trailer done for my animation, got wrapped up in animating a logo so only got the first 40 seconds cut in with a couple audio tracks ( not mixed and really rough, sorry). It should clock in around 3 and half minutes once finished.

The text:
LULU: "Marilyn (x9) is my mother".
Marilyn (Scarface): "Coochie-coo."
LULU: "She's taking over the world."
LULU: "Just to make my life, hell."

(Thanks to Steve Gelder for text suggestions)
There are two more lines but I don't want to give the twist away until I've completed the trailer. :)

http://vimeo.com/21854895

pw: indietalk

Intriguing! :) I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product :D

Back