From Woody Allen's 1979 film " Manhattan"
Isaac Davis
Mary Wilkie
Yale Pollack
Jill
Emily
Dennis
Jeremiah

I felt so stupid when I found out that Neo from the Matrix is an anagram of One lol

I also hear that other characters names have little meanings behind them that fit with their character roles.

Anyone know of these?

I felt so stupid when I found out that Neo from the Matrix is an anagram of One lol

I also hear that other characters names have little meanings behind them that fit with their character roles.

Anyone know of these?

No , I actually didn't that one about Neo , now I feel stupid too xD

Agent Paul Smecker

invert the first sylable of the first and last name, Either that is one of the single greatest coincidences in cinematic history. Or Duffy laughed his way to the bank for pulling one over on the studio.

Boondock Saints

Last edited:
Can't think of any from film at the moment. Although I did just find out today the name of the Vice(and acting) President of Nigeria:

Goodluck Johnathan

I can't tell you how many times I was confused listening to the newscaster and thinking they were endorsing a politician.. Still though, AWESOME name!

Naming characters is also the hardest part for me, because they either sound too generic or sound like im trying too hard to give them a unique name.

Best film name ever, my vote is for Dr. Ian Malcolm.

Agent Paul Smecker

invert the first sylable of the first and last name, Either that is one of the single greatest coincidences in cinematic history. Or Duffy laughed his way to the bank for pulling one over on the studio.

Boondock Saints

What the heck is
"smeckent paul ageker" supposed to mean.. arg I hate not getting it..

I didn't make this one so I can't be accused of an ego, haha. In my film Gun Town, "Dr.Sawbones" was a cool name I thought. It's the actual name of the owner who plays that character during live shows.

Back