announcement What style job postings do you like?

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Where do you look for crew jobs these days? If we were to do a robust job section, what style do you like? More of a job board feel, or more like craigslist (informal post)? Mandy, CL, other?

Do you like the ability to post questions to the job posts (like a forum post style)?
Do you use job alerts?
Do you search by crew position or area and just look at all the crew positions?
Do you search by amount paid?
Do you even look at work for free jobs?
What would you look for in a film job board?

Thanks!

Do you like the ability to post questions to the job posts (like a forum post style)?

Answer: Sure that would be nice; however I am okay with asking those questions via email or by telephone. They do not necessarily have to be like a forum post.

Do you use job alerts?

Answer: No; however I follow a few companies on FB that specialize in crew postings.

Answer: I generally look at all crew positions; however it's nice being able to target a specific position.

Answer: No

Answer: Yes

Answer: Easy to use, functioning search feature, high traffic

Last edited:
Where do you look for crew jobs these days? If we were to do a robust job section, what style do you like? More of a job board feel, or more like craigslist (informal post)? Mandy, CL, other?

More of a job board

No. However, you should think about upgrading the IT basic member private message allowance. Or will you have to pay to post/reply?

Do you use job alerts?

Yes

I look by position, but as I do audio post I can work remotely.

Not usually

Yes, I look at them.....

No Fuss, No Muss. KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. Clean, uncluttered, easy to understand and use.

yw_logo.jpg

I prefer to be able to ask the person posting, though most of the time, it's in private.

Do you use job alerts?
Yes, though I haven't found them that useful.

I tend to look at all the crew positions and ignore those positions I cannot do.

No, but would be nice to have as an option. I'm sure others would appreciate this.

Yes.

Jobs. Essentially, content.

Are you looking at opening a jobs board?

I started to develop my ideal 'crewing job site', if you will, a couple of years ago before realising I had neither the knowledge to code it all myself, nor the extra cash lying around to pay someone to do so.

But if you're looking for ideas, get in touch.

Back