• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Film: Regal Row(Strong Language)

I started making videos the senior year of high school for my English class and fell in love with it. I'm starting my third year making shorts and have actually started the film class( so far just theory) portions of my college education. Most of the videos I started doing my friends and I were focused on telling a story, these days I'm just trying to hone in on certain skills behind the camera. For my latest project I wanted to experiment with a couple things, shooting through a plastic bag and lighting. I didn't have enough crew to do everything I wanted to do with the plastic bag, I was wanting to emulate the breathing like in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I feel the video came out good none the less. However I would like to get some critiques to learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG9-2LOj7to

Thanks,

Daniel

I'm new myself, so I don't have much critiques for you. I just wanted to say I enjoyed the video and the acting was really solid for those long takes. I would have been tempted to cut the video a little bit to have different takes of lines, but the long takes really adds to the feel of the video. The focusing/unfocusing really added to the feel of the video and it turned out great.

There were times when the camera movement was excellent for FOV, but others where the camera seemed to jerk like it was on a non-fluid head tripod. I'm not sure how much the plastic bag added to the effect other than diffusing it. Keep it up!

Back