Animation to Quicktime on Final Cut

Hello,

I'm working on an animation. I start in Photoshop to create my stills, then transfer them over to be animated frames by frame in final cut. I have my resolution for the frames set at 1920 X 1080 and set the export to quicktime on 1920 X 1080, but for some reason it keeps squishing my project and giving me black bars. How can I avoid this? What are the setting to create a quicktime project without black bars and without getting my aspect ratio out of wack?

Thanks,

Rob

That sounds correct. In photoshop, when you create the document make sure that the 'pixel aspect ratio' is set to square pixels. It sounds like maybe the aspect ratio is off and FCP is accounting for this. It's possible it's the other way around too - if the file has square pixels, but your sequence setting in FCP is set for a different ratio then it can cause the same effect.

I'll give that a look. I've had to learn this stuff on my own and I have trouble finding which settings work best. I post most of my stuff on youtube, but the animations get stretched usually. I'd like to find concrete settings for a 16:9 animation aspect ratio without having to fuss with the squishing that takes place between exporting it to quicktime and then uploading to Youtube or blip. this usually results in double squishing. Technical term [double squishing]

Back