Crutch - Opening September 17, 2004 - Quad Cinmema, Nyc

Friday, September 17, 2004 at the QUAD in NY City the PREMIERE of CRUTCH

"Crutch", a HP Productions film, will be distributed by Illuminare Entertainment as a specialty or art house film. The film will have its premiere this September at the NY Quad Cinema in Greenwich Village. A poignant and compelling story of self-discovery, the acquisition represents the Illuminare's first venture into this select market.
Motivated by his own adolescent battles with his family, particularly his alcoholic mother, writer/director Rob Moretti delivers a coming-of-age story that deals with addiction and a drastic turn of fate. When the father leaves the family, the son is obligated to care for his alcoholic mother and unable to cope, he develops a forbidden relationship that leads to drugs and alcohol. "Crutch" is a captivating and brutally honest look into love, loss, lies and our own dark secrets.
The film stars Eben Gordon, Rob Moretti, and Juanita Walsh as the alcoholic mother. Michael Philip Anthony, Eric Smith and Rob Moretti are the producers.

www.crutchthemovie.com www.illuminare-ent.com

QUAD CINEMA 34 West 13th Street, NY 10011
212-255-8800 www.quadcinema.com
Advanced Ticket Sales: (212) 777-FILM #636 or www.moviefone.com
www.crutchthemovie.com

Looks well done. Good job. A movie I worked on a couple years back "Suspended Animation" was shown at the Quad (as well as other theatres). The director got the impression that they were reporting ticket sales inaccurately. Be careful I guess...
Not sure why he thought that though.

I remember seeing the trailer for this a while back. Looked very dramatic.

I'm sure the showing will go great! :D

Thanks!

In only a short period of time, this little film has taken on a life of its own! Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Our new website should be up by Tuesday - be sure to check it out...

best...

That's awesome that you got distribution! Is this considered a test screening by the distributor, or have they already lined up other cities? Congrats!

Thanks!

Thank you. if we have a good opening weekend, then it will move to other cities across the country... keep your fingers crossed!

indietalk said:
That's awesome that you got distribution! Is this considered a test screening by the distributor, or have they already lined up other cities? Congrats!

Good luck with this! I remember reading the website and being interested in the story. I hope it does so well I see it over in Korea.

Back