• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Kaidan - My First Short Film

:) :) :)
Hello,

My name is Nathesh and this is my first post here.
And I am posting my First short film that I wrote and directed.

I live in Chennai, India and am trying to be a Movie director.

Please watch my short and comment on it (harsh and honest comments are most welcome by me) and I am hoping your feedback and comments would help me refine my abilities. ;)

The Short's name is: Kaidan (in Japanese it means horror/ghost)

Language spoken: Tamil
Texted language : English (hardsubs)

Shot with Panasonic HDC-SD60 FullHD cam @ location Kodaikanal, India.

Here is the YouTube link for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxG3i9tTgLQ&feature=share

:) :) :)
Hello,

My name is Nathesh and this is my first post here.
And I am posting my First short film that I wrote and directed.

I live in Chennai, India and am trying to be a Movie director.

Please watch my short and comment on it (harsh and honest comments are most welcome by me) and I am hoping your feedback and comments would help me refine my abilities. ;)

The Short's name is: Kaidan (in Japanese it means horror/ghost)

Language spoken: Tamil
Texted language : English (hardsubs)

Shot with Panasonic HDC-SD60 FullHD cam @ location Kodaikanal, India.

Here is the YouTube link for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxG3i9tTgLQ&feature=share

Very well-crafted, but I must point out the music was much too melodramatic for Western tastes.

I stopped watching at 7:17 because I couldn't take the music anymore.

Nicely done. I won't be too critical about some things in the movie, because obviously India is a different culture, therefore the music and some of the styles of filmmaking are going to be different than us Westerners :)
But I love your country over there. Very gorgeous. Personally the music was really cool to me. For the most part the cinematography was good. But you might want to avoid the dialogue shots where it's like from the same angle, but it cuts in between. Do you know what I mean? Like in the first scene when the main guy finds the woman and the girl.
Your suspense elements are really good :). You made me jump a couple times, so props :)
The story was really good. I would have liked the relationship between the main guy and Preeti (I think that's right) to be more developed, which is really hard to do in a short film. I thought it was a little weird how he just randomly started following her and she didn't have any problem with it really.
But overall, I really enjoyed this film and I look forward to more from you! :)

Hope this helps...

I should say I was really enjoying the movie until the music began driving me up a wall.

I know I could have muted it and just read the subtitles, but by then I was too annoyed.

My advice is all of the music be thrown out if this is intended for a Western audience.

Simply put, we don't use soundtracks the way they're used in this movie.

Dear garylloyd,

The music was not composed specifically for this short. All of it was from public domain and most of the tracks as I have credited them are composed by Kevin Macleod he offers free music under creative commons license. And thanks for watching the short film and giving your honest opinion about it.

Back