Video shot in wrong mode

Hello guys! I have no idea if this is the right forum or not but i searched around and found out that many people here are cunning when it comes to video editing.

So if you're up for a challenge here's one for you :)

In the beginning of 2017 i recorded a video of me climbing up a crane, high on drugs and drunk at the same time. At that point i was suicidal but that time has fortunately passed. But i really want to re-view the footage i shot that day when i climbed and the police arrested me haha.

So here's the problem, i shot it with a GoPro Hero 4 Black edition and unfortunately recorded in time lapse mode. So the footage is nearly impossible to view, and obviously the audio disappeared. So my question is, is it possible in some way to change the footage into some sort of a normal state?

Also if this is the wrong section of the forum i apolagize in advance, my first time here :)

Cheers guys!

No, it is not possible to change the recorded footage from time lapse.

What happens is only a few frames are recorded every second. If you
chose (for example) 1 frame every 10 seconds the camera did not
record any frames the rest of the time. There is no way to fix that in post.
and when recording in time lapse mode no audio is recorded.

In that situation, you can make a slideshow video, with narration or text. You can use interesting transitions from frame to frame. You can use Motion settings to zoom in/out and move around the frame.

If that was me, I would shoot an interview of myself, explaining the event, and then insert the frame shots, as I explained what was happening. A little music and some sound effects (sirens, wind, etc) and you'll be all set!

Back