Xmas vidcard ideas

So want to do the ubiquitous video card for everyone as it's more interesting than a Xmas tree and I'm a film maker. What I thought I'd do is copy someone else and have my girlfriend and her daughter throw a load of tinsel etc... at a bare Xmas tree and suddenly, the tree is dressed.

Sound a bit 'samey,' though.

Any other suggestions?

I'd have them throw the tinsel and suddenly the tree is on fire and everyone's running around screaming and the camera gets knocked over and lands on it's side right next to a glass ornament in which you can see the reflection of the flames as the house burns to the ground.

But that's just me.

If fire is too scary: throw tinsel and the tree is suddenly without needles.
Or shrunk.
Or you are all in a christmas tree forest (some have decoration) and a Treebeard voice says something about it. Or a treebeard voice says: "I thought it would be a nice idea to decorate you this year" while the whole familt is decorated :P

Or the whole family teleports to strange places all the time untill they are back hom with a decorated tree.

Anything is possible.
Just don't steal the ideas from the following videos :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggWPjo2Iww
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4LAm7WgwRo

I say stabbing... guts coming out... some spilled blood on white carpet...
We have different visions of "Christmas", you and me.

;)

Animated_zombie_%283%29.gif
Where are the zombies?
zombie_06_walk.gif

Will your family appreciate the intrinsic "grittiness" of shaky-cam?

Seriously, tho...

You guys can sing "Merry Christmas" or other seasonal song of your choosing.
Unwrapping seems to be popular youtube pseudo-tutorial meme, you can unwrap your gifts to others!
You can film your local light displays, get all Terrence Malick-y in its production.
Anyone going to build a gingerbread house at your house?
Gift giving and receiving do's and don'ts if you're feeling monologue-ish

Last edited:
Unwrapping seems to be popular

They could open their presents and find human organs inside like a liver, or a cow heart or intestines.
They would rejoice and smile at each other and all would end in a friendly family hug, while some brain pours out of one of the boxes that had fallen on the floor.

Play COSMOS effect
Time travel as result of COSMOS act

Get some action before tinsel thrown.... Guy asking for direction from you guys ..... he get phone call .. go away ... to side and keep talking on phone ...

then tinsel thrown

cosmos effect ...result in...

Same guy (his look alike twin) appears to repeat the act ....

gets phone call..... go away to side and keep talking on phone .

First Guy on phone returns to you ...and hands over gift box and wishes and leaves.....

You open up the present ..... something surprise crazy happens

Guy 2 on phone returns to you ...and hands over gift box of same cover and wishes and leaves.....

Will they hesitate to open ?

If you had a twin look alike and they had no idea about your twin brother ... then it could have been great.

AT NIGHT ,COSMOS EFFECT AFTER TINSEL CAN BE ACHIEVED GREAT !!!

Back