• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for funding - we have an idea

Hi,

I'm Nate North, and like a lot of you from the look of this forum, I have had trouble raising money for film projects. It seems that if you don't have a lot to start with, you never reach that lowest branch.

So what happens is that with no money, you end up making a project with poor production values, which proves to to people that they shouldn't give you money, this keeps down your production values, which results in another low production value foray and so on.

So I came up with an idea for people like myself, that have more skills than rich friends. We're gathering up a group of talented artists and post producers to work on a collective film project. The film will be completed and sold internationally, and has a substantial built in audience.

There are no fees of any kind, and we judge applicants purely on ability. If you are Tony Scott, and your dad has loaned you over 45 million dollars in the last year to make two horrible movies back to back, this may not be for you. If you are a filmmaker with more ideas than 100 thousand dollar cameras, this is an opportunity to join with others like you to share resources.

One of the big things we're trying to accomplish is to purchase a $50k render farm, to share amongst project members. We just need to get enough people signed up and showing collective talent, to interest investors in the project.

If you have a cool demo reel, like the daily show, or just finished watching "unstoppable" and feel the need to stare at a half built website to raise your entertainment level, check out our project. You can tell it's legit because you can actually call me.

http://dailymovie.sllabs.com/

Nate North

Back