• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch TONE DEATH - £1500 C100 Feature TRAILER

£1500 C100 Feature TRAILER

Made for £1500 over a year and half.

Shot on a Canon C100, Ninja Star, Tamron 17-55 and Canon 55-250.

SYNOPSIS: Believing he’s found the frequency that will free human consciousness, a disturbed techno producer builds a machine that kills people with sound.

tone_death.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MCESrdHyED8

Thanks!

Last edited:
Love the trailer! It's delightfully morbid. This reminds me (in style of humor) of a current show here in the US called "Dream Corp. LLC".

The doc-style seems well-done, and I think was a good choice. How'd your £1500 budget break down?

Thanks for the feedback!

We were struggling to find good, reliable actors so we decided to act in it ourselves. This is partly why we chose the doc-style. All dialogue was improvised which is why (unfortunately) there is a lot of swearing, something we didn't pick up on while shooting.

We stupidly didn't keep proper accounts however I have found a doc stating we actually spent £1195 all together! The basement/office location cost either £200 or £400 for 2 weeks in there. We hired a van and crashed it which cost a fair bit :) The gore cost around £200-£300. Lots of sandwiches bought. The booth cost around £100 to make. I already owned all the kit, the only equipment costs were some light gels.

The doc style meant we could make the film for basically nothing and spread it out over a year. We started by filming little bits every week before we went to the pub and it snowballed from there.

I've never heard of Dream Corp LLC. I'll have to check it out!

Last edited:
Back