• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Dates added to Goblin US tour!

Italian Prog-rock legends Goblin have been touring the US for the first time ever. Current tour info here: http://www.newgoblin.com/concerts.php They've just added some dates not on the site yet:

Nov 30 Minneapolis, MN/ The Varsity Theater
Dec 1 Milwaukee, WI/ Turner Hall
Dec 3 St. Louis, MO/ 2720 Cherokee
Dec 4 Cincinnati, OH/ Taft Theatre
Dec 5 Cleveland, OH/ Beachland Ballroom
Dec 6 Pittsburgh, PA/ Carnegie Music Hall
Dec 8 Albany, NY/ Upstate Concert Hall
Dec 10 Boston, MA/ Sinclair
Dec 11 New Haven, CT/ Center Church on the Green
Dec 12 Philadelphia, PA/ Trocadero
Dec 13 Washington, DC/ 9:30 Club
Dec 14 Carrboro, NC/ Cats Cradle

Relevant to film music because of their work with Dario Argento. Some of the concerts are playing the complete Susperia score. I am very excited...Susperia is one of thing films that made me want to do film music!

What a great show! They played for about 2 hours, about a 60/40 split of film and non-film music. For the film music, they had a video backdrop with edited scenes from the relevant film, and an occasional ballet dancer (which was not as hokey as it sounds like it could be). They played stuff from Susperia, Tenebre, Deep Red, Dawn of the Dead. Sadly, nothing from Phenomena, but you can't have everything! Tons of brilliant musicianship (and you can't have a prog rock show without a drum solo!) and music I've loved but never thought I would see live. If you can catch them (and hopefully they'll tour more), do so!

A bunch of my friends caught 'em when they hit Los Angeles about a month back. They said it was pretty awesome, so yeah - go check it out. :yes:

Apparently once they finish the current tour, they'll be switching out bandmembers to do it again. Will be sad if I can't see them then.

Thread necromancy! Resurrecting the thread! Rise from your grave!

Anyway, since this tour there have been the lineup changes and splinter groups Zensteve mentioned. The one founding member that did not join that tour, Claudio Simonetti, is now touring the US with a band featuring members of New Goblin and Daemonia, while a couple other members are putting out a new album as Goblin Rebirth. This is very exciting to me, because here in Pittsburgh, I get to open up for Claudio Simonetti!!!! Considering my first show worth this project was 5 months ago, I'm punching way above my weight here! Show isn't until May, so I have some prep time.

And while I'm patting myself on the back, here's my most recent demo (and the song that got me the gig ) https://soundcloud.com/doors-in-the-labyrinth/the-sound-of-her-wings-demo

4204eab223d81d2297f4f0078c09cb47-d9svvsq.jpg

Poster for the show! Definitely the coolest poster for any show I've ever played! Silenceo are another local band that plays Lynch/Badalamenti soundtracks and inspired originals, so this is going to be a crazy good show! And me! If anyone is in Pittsburgh, or knows folks here, send them to http://www.doorsinthelabyrinth.com for tickets!

I'm so very crazy excited!

So the past couple months, after being booked for this show, I've gone all out with preparation and recording to try and get an EP ready for sale at this show (and to be able to hold my own on the same stage as one of my biggest influences). Did a few "warm up" shows, finished the EP, did a "release party" show (a friend got some footage that she's editing into a music video for me, so I'll post that when it's ready). I'm pretty excited about how it came out; you can stream or purchase here:
https://doorsinthelabyrinth.bandcamp.com/album/the-sound-of-her-wings
It's also on Amazon, Tidal, Spotify, etc, so if give it a listen if you get a chance and let me know what you think!

If you happen to be near Pittsburgh, or know people who are, if you buy the tickets from me on bandcamp, you get my EP included!
https://doorsinthelabyrinth.bandcam...blin-with-doors-in-the-labyrinth-and-silenceo
I'd really appreciate any help getting the word out!

And I GET TO OPEN FOR CLAUDIO SIMONETTI!!!!!

This was unbelievable! Very different from the other Goblin show. A little harder, but the band were having a lot more fun. 3 piece, lots of electronics and some of the best live keys I've ever seen! They played Goblin soundtrack and album songs, Simonetti solo soundtrack and album songs and a couple choice horror covers (Halloween into Tubular Bells). Good crowd, but not as packed a it should have been. I had some technical issues at first, but after that my set went over really well, and a bunch of people bought cds. Hung out with the band a bit, they were all super nice people, and Simonetti was as excited to be in Pittsburgh as I was that they were there.

Both Goblin incarnations are doing shows these days, and they're different enough that if you can see both, it is worth doing. So glad that I had that opportunity, and that I even got to participate!

Back