$80 Drone

sfoster

Staff Member
It's marketed as HD in amazon but it's only 640x480
I wouldn't mind the low resolution for the price if it had a wider aspect ratio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YdnV8FcY8

Anyway, it's stuck 4 stories high now in a tree.. I got better and really had this thing moving !!
but I can't show the newer footage since it's on the microsd card. Going to try shooting it down with an arrow.

Last edited:
Nice! Too bad it's not HD, though, like you said. But you work with what you got.

Never give up. Never surrender! Hope you get it down okay.

P.S. Looks like you've got a pretty amazing crib. ;)

Nice! Too bad it's not HD, though, like you said. But you work with what you got.

Never give up. Never surrender! Hope you get it down okay.

P.S. Looks like you've got a pretty amazing crib. ;)

Been staying at my parents house while trying to sell my condo .. which looks like it will never happen. So I just have to wait until it goes into foreclosure.

Even if I declared bankruptcy I would go right back into debt, still on hook for $1000 in condo fees every month

I can't use the drone for any of my footage unfortunately, because the aspect ratio is 20 years old.
Still a fun little toy for the price. I did get it down but now the lens is all cloudy, even after cleaning.

I did some research and it looks like you can get a reasonable HD drone for around $600. Not too bad at all. Maybe next year I can get one for christmas :) My main source of income these days lol.

I don't let the financial troubles bother me anymore, otherwise I'd be stressed out all the time over something that I can't control. I have health problems and I haven't been able to work, which is a shame after all those years going through college and then establishing a career only to be reduced to homeless, unemployable and broke. For a while I was serious about dying after finishing my superhero action comedy, but now I'm less morbid and try not to think about the future. It only generates stress.

Working on my films seems worthwhile and gets me through the days.

Last edited:
Back