Dial-up or Broadband?

Do you use 56k Dial-Up, or Broadband?

• 56k Dial-Up

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Broadband

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
Just trying to get a feel for how many people on the boards use dial-up, compared to broadband.

Some questions for the people on Dial-up...

1) Do you ever view flicks in the Screening Room by downloading all night, or just pass on them if they are too big?

2) How big is "too big"?

Last edited:
I've had broadband for as long as I can remember...before that, in the days of 56k I used to have free 56k...when Netzero was free and unlimited...

Had everything from ADSL, SDSL, Satellite, three cable companies...
If you live on the east coast get WideOpenWest! I had them for two years when I lived in Ohio! They have 4Mbps connections. I still can't find something like that here in LA...

Btw, if you want to get WideOpenWest, I'll show you how to get a $50 bonus. I am not affiliated with these guys, but I had so many providers and these guys really left a positive lasting impression.

I have crappy comcast and the so called "Dynamic" IP that is really static and never seems to change.

their dns sucks ass. I called to complain about getting hammered one day and the said :You can always clone your MAC address"

Im thinking of going back to DSL even though its half the speed just to have a more secure web access.

as far as downloading the movies, I usually just stream. I didnt get to see indietalks film, i dont see a link for just the vid itself. so I dont know how I can vote for it. Is it something i can only see at a festival?

DirectorX, how can I get the $50 bonus? Do they serve the DC area?

Back to topic: I can't even imagine life without broadband now, and especially wireless broadband. A handful of my friends still use dial-up, and it feels like I'm talking to people from a completely different millennium (which is true, in some sense).

King Goldfish - I've had Comcast and I actually switched to DSL after I had them...terrible service and very high prices (plus if you have a router you have to tweak it into fooling the modem that the route is actually a computer...egh...just stay away from them!)

xuetang, check out their website to check for service >> http://www1.wowway.com/ and type in your zip. You get a $50 bonus if a friend refers you (as does the friend). So, in other words, If you were referred by me, we would both get a $50 bonus from them.

Btw, I don't see it on their site, but WOW gives you 3 IP addresses. That was a reason I signed up with them because I do my phone calls through the internet and needed an IP just for my phone (I ditched phone lines over four years ago - not a fan of monopolies)

yea man,were poor ass people that live in detroit,what can i say,i have the orignal windows media player on here.maby one day we will get a new one,we dont even have the latest version of AOL,were still useing 8.0

Back