• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Seeking a Talented Screenwriter for Film Project

My name is Sam Thomas. I am a filmmaker and cinematographer from the UK. Earlier this year I produced a 25 minute short film with a local youth theatre company in the space of a week. Yes that's right, we shot edited and screened a 25 minute film in 7 days! It was a long week I can tell you!

We're looking to do the same again in June of 2013 and myself and the crew are beginning post production now. This year we wrote the script ourselves and were less than happy with it. This time we're seeking a talented and original screenwriter who can do a far better job than we can!

We've done some extensive searching online but haven't found anything that works yet. We're working under the following main contraints:

- Film must be feasible to shoot in 3-4 days
- The cast comprises of mainly child actors aged 10-16 (they are very good though!)
- The film must be suitable for all ages

We would also like to include the following aspects:

- We are situated in some beautiful countryside that looks great on film!
- We would really like most of the cast to have some sort of speaking roll (in whatever way possible)

You may already have a script in your collection that fits the bill, if so, great! I'm looking for people to post synopsise (from either completed scripts of proposed ideas) in this thread, to get ideas flowing. If we like the concept, we'll invite you to write for us. We probably won't be able to afford to pay you but we can promise you a copy of the produced film once it's finished!

Thanks a lot!

My name is Sam Thomas. I am a filmmaker and cinematographer from the UK. Earlier this year I produced a 25 minute short film with a local youth theatre company in the space of a week. Yes that's right, we shot edited and screened a 25 minute film in 7 days! It was a long week I can tell you!

We're looking to do the same again in June of 2013 and myself and the crew are beginning post production now. This year we wrote the script ourselves and were less than happy with it. This time we're seeking a talented and original screenwriter who can do a far better job than we can!

We've done some extensive searching online but haven't found anything that works yet. We're working under the following main contraints:

- Film must be feasible to shoot in 3-4 days
- The cast comprises of mainly child actors aged 10-16 (they are very good though!)
- The film must be suitable for all ages

We would also like to include the following aspects:

- We are situated in some beautiful countryside that looks great on film!
- We would really like most of the cast to have some sort of speaking roll (in whatever way possible)

You may already have a script in your collection that fits the bill, if so, great! I'm looking for people to post synopsise (from either completed scripts of proposed ideas) in this thread, to get ideas flowing. If we like the concept, we'll invite you to write for us. We probably won't be able to afford to pay you but we can promise you a copy of the produced film once it's finished!

Thanks a lot!

and what do you want it to be about?

Back