• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Marketer for independent filmmakers

Hi everyone,
Just introducing myself here. I have visited this site before and read some of the threads. Now a member, I hope to be able to give some advice about film marketing and learn from filmmakers about what motivates them and their dilemmas on getting their films seen by audiences.

I am also helping filmmaker/author Jon Reiss promote his new book Think Outside the Box Office. It covers his experiences in trying to get his film BOMB IT distributed and all of the resources he found to help with that. It is a book I highly recommend that you check out if you want to know what is available to you for marketing and distributing your film in the current landscape. True to form, he is self distributing the book and right now you can only get it on his site http://www.thinkoutsidetheboxoffice.com/, but it will be available soon on Amazon.com and via pdf download.

So if you have any questions for me, or for Jon, you can send them this way or go to his Facebook page for the book and we will get them answered. I also have a Facebook page, Sheri Candler Marketing and Publicity and welcome comments, links (trailers, synopsis, festival info) and questions.

Happy to meet everyone.

Back