• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Which one of these Loglines are the best one to become a screenplay?

I've created five loglines and I'm curious about your thoughts of which one of these loglines would you want to see to become a screenplay. Feel free to correct me if any of these loglines are wrong.

1. Fade to Red.
Genre: Horror.
A man, infected by vampirism, attempts to find the vampire that infected him with the help of a supposedly retired vampire hunter, before he descents into hunger for human blood.

2. Bride of the Night.
Genre: Horror - Comedy.
When two wealthy teenage brothers move into a small town, one of them tries to seduce a local girl. While the girl's brother, lists the help of his friends to prove that the two brothers are vampires in disguise.

3. Saucers.
Genre: Sci-fi - Thriller.
Set in the early 60s, a third rate paranormal investigator, interviews a cancer ridden UFO kidnapping victim, nearing his end, he finally provides concrete proof that aliens exist, the witness tells the investigator that the proof must be protected from other parties that intent to destroy it.

4. Joy Land.
Genre: Horror - Thriller
A family of four, heads to a recreational park with hopes to recover from a family tragedy, only to find a deadly cult that owns the park and are after the daughter of the family, with that, unleashing a supernatural entity that terrorizes the park.

5. Mr. Ryker.
Genre: Horror - Thriller.
A couple struggles to protect their daughter from a sinister supernatural entity that once terrorizes them in their childhood.

Last edited:
IMO The first one sounds like it could be interesting. The second sounds quite a run-of-the-mill idea. The others are a little too vague to get excited about as loglines.

To be honest, none of them sound that interesting, mostly because I have seen these premises all done before. But if I had to pick maybe #4 or #3, cause I haven't seen them done that much as the other 3.

strike #4 because thats a hell of a set to film at.
less chance of the screenplay getting produced.

with #5 children can be hard to work with..

I'd say #3 or #1

Back