• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

I would like to offer video to film services

Hi indietalkies,

I've been a member for sometime but haven't posted much. Now onto some shameless self promotion.
I've since moved from moviemaking to film transfers - strange choice you may ask.
If anyone is interested in transferring your dv to 35mm film through my celco film recorder, please let me know. It's a small business I run, and I'd like to give lower rates than any lab.
Try [edit:] 160 usd per minute. I'd even negotiate a little lower if the video is longer. Includes negatives, optical sound, and final print. Run a test if you'd like to see the crispy clear quality yourself.
Thanks for such an awesome forum and helpful people. :)
-dark
a_releg@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Moved to Classified Ads > Miscelleneous. :)

I may need to take you up on this offer soon! Have you worked with HDV or HD yet?

Re

darkavenger said:
Hi indietalkies,

I've been a member for sometime but haven't posted much. Now onto some shameless self promotion.
I've since moved from moviemaking to film transfers - strange choice you may ask.
If anyone is interested in transferring your dv to 35mm film through my celco film recorder, please let me know. It's a small business I run, and I'd like to give lower rates than any lab.
Try 170 usd per minute. I'd even negotiate a little lower if the video is longer. Includes negatives, optical sound, and final print. Run a test if you'd like to see the crispy clear quality yourself.
Thanks for such an awesome forum and helpful people. :)
-dark
a_releg@yahoo.com

This also got me to thinking...

What services do you provide with the transfer if any?

filmy

I have a mini-DV tape I can send to you for you to test with. I'd really like to see how this looks, and if it looks good the price sounds great! I'd like to use you on a few films I already have made. How long can the test be? 5mins a good length? Just let me know. I also wrote you an email. :D

Thanks for asking.
Hailtotheking : One minute test would be good. The last job I did was only a 2 and 1/2 minutes short film.

Indietalk: www.bigscreenlabs.com <-- the screen is big, not the lab

Don't mind the rates on the website. The above rate is a indietalk price hehe.

Filmy: Hmm.. other services - all I do is transfer to film. Of course the video changed to 24fps, blown up, and interpolated. I don't color correct because I want to keep it close as possible to original. There is a film look that goes with putting it on celluloid.
In roughly a month or so, I would be able to telecine 16 and super8, but not rank telecine. I'll post when that's available too. My main focus is video to film.

darkavenger: What kind of telecine machine are you getting?

I may have a job for you in the late part of this year, or early next year, depending on how long post takes for the film we're shooting this summer. This isn't a definate, but we may be doing a digital intermediate, if so we'd probably want to finish on film, if festival runs warrant any kind of theatrical distrobution or whatever.. it's really up in the air at the moment, but I mentioned it to the producer the other day and he sounded somewhat interested. Granted the finishing step after post production is likely the furthest thing from his mind right now. ;)

Oh! I just thought of something I've been wanting to ask you.. that $175/minute includes all the processing and whatnot I think you said, does it also include the optical audio track?

Ahh.. nevermind, I just reread your original post and got my answer. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Will,
Regarding telecine, I'd likely be working on a modified jk optical printer at nearby facility that lets me do it self serve. (I guess it's cheaper when they don't have to pay a tech to do it) I wanted to get the sniper-16, which is 2nd only to rank telecine, but I've yet to get the funds for it.
For filmout, yes, (edit: ) 160/min. includes negs, optical sound, and final print. :yes:

Last edited:
Them's some good prices my friend...

The local telecine house I'll be using for my shorts and whatnot this year uses a Marconi:

marconi.jpg

Their prices are pretty decent too.. $12/50' roll of super8, minimum of 200'... could be worse.

Sweet. That's a big one.
I'd also like reiterate that my main focus is not telecine, but video to film. Some people may get the two confused or think they mean the same thing, when they are in fact opposite.

I am looking into how to get a print of a film that has yet to be shot. I am expecting it
to be feature length. I look at the price per minute for video to film transfer and I wonder how any indie filmmaker, after finding the funds to just produce and finish the film, could ever come up with that kind of money. And I am assuming that your rates are lower...

I am a new filmmaker...and my head hurts now...good grief.....
-- spinner

my rates are about $100 less per minute than the average. it's because 35mm is very expensive, but at least sound is included in my price.

Back