It 2017

Why not do something bold and adventurous… READ THE BOOK!

I repeat myself when frustrated, I repeat myself when frustrated, I repeat myself when frustrated, I repeat myself when frustrated, I repeat myself when frustrated, I repeat myself when frustrated, I repeat myself when frustrated, I repeat myself when frustrated.

What's the motivation for a serial killer?
How do kids get involved in this?
I was asking why he does choose only children to kill.
When the kids are in fear is when they see the clown.

In the novel Pennywise/Bob Grey appears to the children in numerous guises - clown, werewolf, mummy, "the dead boys," a huge bird, voices from a sink, the Creature From The Black Lagoon and many others, tailored to the victims fears. IT feeds on the emotions of horror, fear, terror, etc. Children have simpler, more primal fears than adults, which is why Pennywise/Bob Grey feeds on the "sweeter meat" of children. IT is not a serial killer; IT is more like "Jaws," an animal that is feeding.

How did the Losers Club get involved? Bills brother is killed by Pennywise/Bob Grey. The others have all escaped close calls with IT.

A bully that doesn't just beat up kids.. but goes around mutilating people like he's the joker.

Because IT also uses/possesses "compatible" personalities like Henry Bowers to do ITs dirty work.

This is why novels are so difficult to adapt. Almost 1,200 pages in 135 minutes or even 270 minutes? Of course the film is going to be "superficial" compared to the novel. Even 2,300+ minute "The Winds of War" and "War and Remembrance" mini-series only scratched the surface of the novels.

Last edited:
Ring a bell?

No. Nightmare on Elm Street took place in their nightmares. Also the whole "they need to fear me" thing wasn't added until much later.

Also they don't see the clown when they are in fear, the clown preys on their individual fears. He is the catalyst.

Back