Cinematography Merit Badge

Times have changed. While perusing Google looking for a supportive article for a paper, I stumbled upon this.

Whaa? This is pretty neat. We didn't have these types of merit badges back in the day. Back in the paleolithic era of the Boy Scouts of America, we had merit badges that focused on survival or life skills. Apparently now, approving set design from the art department is a stop on the road to eagle scout. :P I kid. Boy, how things have changed.

Wow.
Not exactly "The Road" how-to-survive in a dystopian future.

Some of my faves:
http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/MeritBadges.aspx
(It adds a little if you say "Emergency" whatever category).
- Basketry
- Coin Collecting
- Collections (LOL! Oh, wait. I think that's like how-to collect sh!t. For a moment I thought it was like... repo-ing cars and boats. Nevermind.)
- Geocaching

Where're the Overcoming iPod Security and Intellectual Piracy Awareness merit badges?
I didn't notice and TPS Report merit badge. Hmph. ;)

Need some "How to survive a zombie attack" merit badges.

Boy scouts is a lot different then what it used to be, but seriously, the whole world has changed to the modern age.

And to the OP, thanks for sharing this, I never knew there was a cinematography merit badge, and as a Life scout myself, I'm going to have to try to take it ;)

We had a photography badge when I was a scout in the early '80s... I don't see how this is that different... (and I still learned how to make fire without matches - and which plants were OK to eat and which to avoid).

Back