Collateral

It was shot mainly on Hi-Def. There were two different HD cameras used, the Sony Cine Alta and the Viper. They also shot some 35mm for slow motion and some other elemente. Haven't seen the movie so I'll have to wait and see what's what. From the trailer it looks interesting, but I still don't like the way HD seems to smear on fast motion. In film and to my eyes, motion seems to blur, but on HD objects in motion seem to smear or be leaving a trail of pixles behind. Just my opinion.

Scott

I know what you mean scott...I feel, however, that the smearing effect can be appropriate sometimes.

I don't want all movies to start to look like that, but it kind of keeps things diverse. For so many years, almost all movies had a similar look, up until about the time MTV came on the scene...then indie films got a little more popular...then commercials began to influence how some films are edited...then new digital technology came out...

Now there are many ways to shoot and edit a film and I find that it keeps me interested.

just my opinion.

They may have combined footage from several lower end cameras as well which may explain the smear.

Back