• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Need a screenplay writer to write film dear to my heart.

Hello,

I need a screenplay writer for the prospective film “Mary”, the Nativity Story told from Mother Mary’s perspective where the actress who plays Mother Mary actually gives birth in the film. Childbirth has yet to be portrayed in dramatic feature film and I believe it would be an amazing experience for audiences everywhere. This film would essentially be part documentary and part dramatic feature film, with the well known Nativity Story framing the footage of an actual birth. Nothing like this has been done in film before and I believe the timing is good and that the public is ready for an event such as this.

This website contains the synopsis of the film as well as the log line: http://www.maryolsenbooks.org/MotherMary/

Please let me know if you would be interested in writing the screenplay for this film.

Thank you,
Mary Olsen

Are you talking about an actual birth, not simulated? Because I can think of more than one dramatic film off the top of my head that had childbirth in it. Children of Men is one of them.

I'm just curious...

How do you get away showing Mary's vagina in a movie that is obviously aimed at the Christian market?

When you say you want a screenwriter, do you mean you're looking for a professional screenwriter to write this as a "gun for hire" gig... where you retain the copyright, but the writer is paid a fee... or do you mean you're looking for a writer to construct your script for free, but s/he will retain the copyright until you use the script to as leverage to get production funding and at that point pay the writer going rate for a feature film?

It's important that you know which route you're taking and the legal implications of each option before you start auditioning writers.

It seems to me that as it's your concept and you're looking to then produce, that you'd need to keep the copyright to the screenplay and therefore you'd be looking to "buy out" the screenwriter... if that's the case what kind of fee did you have in mind? How many drafts are you expecting for that fee? What's the turnaround time?... and how is going to be the writing role going to be credited?

Sorry to sound like I'm asking a lot of questions, but I know how easy it is for an inexperienced producer with an idea and an inexperienced writer to create legal chaos, by not knowing what the potential issues are.

The only other thing I'd say is if the only potential hook for this movie is the filming of the actual birth, then I don't see it as a strong concept...

Last edited:
I am willing

I know what it is like to be passionate. Took me several years to write my first three scripts, now I write them regularly. I also have a studio that we could use for filming. My only samplea are full-length scripts so let me know what the arrangements are.

Rod

Back